Posted by: Court | June 21, 2010

Weekend cleaning and pregnancy updates

Had a pretty nice weekend. Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I finally woke Tim up around 7:20 and asked if he wanted to come with me to get breakfast. I took a shower to let him get a bit more sleep, then we were off! After breakfast we hit up in search of some maternity pants.

The Li.z pants were comfy but I was afraid that they didn’t have enough room to grow – they didn’t have the next size up. The jeans were super comfy as well, but had a weird saggy look around the crotch and front of the upper thighs. Not very flattering. Maybe it’s for room to grow? But I couldn’t wear them right now, so I passed. We tried Ol.d N.avy as well, but their selection was microscopic! I was very disappointed. So we didn’t find any pants and I told Tim that we would need to go to the by my aunt’s house later that day.

We went home and Tim worked in the yard and watched golf while I got to work cleaning what will be the baby’s room. Right now it’s my craft room and it’s crazy in there! When I found out I was pregnant I stopped working on my second quilt for some unknown reason, and then the fatigue and sickness set in and I really didn’t even go in the baby’s room at all from weeks 6 – 14! I had no desire to craft, or do anything other than try to sleep off the nausea.

So I set to work Saturday pinning together the pieces of my second quilt so I could pack them away for now. I am always amazed at how much can be thrown away when you get to cleaning out old stuff! I did away with lots of fabric scraps that I’d insisted on keeping before, put away all of the safety pins and other quilting supplies into jars, organized most of the rest of my fabric, folded it and put it away.

There’s still plenty to be done. There’s a giant table in there that we’ll give away to G.ood.will. The rocking chair will need to be recovered. It’s a beautiful wood rocking chair – exactly what I’d always pictured rocking my babes in. And Tim’s grandmother gave it to us as she didn’t have a need for it. But the fabric is an old plaid blue twill, and I’d like it to be more modern. Who knows if I can handle recovering it myself, haha.

Then there’s deciding what we’ll do with all of the craft stuff. We could move it to the third bedroom, as we don’t really have overnight guests all that often. Tim has also offered an unused corner in his office, but I generally make such a mess when I craft, and there’s so much loose material, that I don’t think it would look all that nice. And the cats would likely have a field day!

I’d spent quite a bit of time looking on Cr.aigs.list for a vintage dresser that could double as a changing table. I don’t want to spend money on a changing table that will have no other use when we’re done with it. I couldn’t find anything that suited me, and then it hit me: we have a lovely dresser in the third bedroom that gets no use. It’s the dresser I had growing up, and it was my aunt’s when she was a child. It’s painted white, so we likely won’t need to do anything to it. We’ll just add one of those changing cushions and be set!

We have some friends who offered their daughter’s crib a long time ago (probably during my first pregnancy), and while I think that’s nice of them, I still think we’ll get our own crib. One of those convertible ones that changes into a toddler bed. And then by the time baby #1 grows out of it, if we have a second child, the crib will be ready to use as a crib again!

I just realized that I digressed majorly from the original purpose of this post (what I did this weekend). Anyway, after all the cleaning I did on Saturday (which was done quite leisurely while watching movies), we went to O.liv.e Gar.den and ate a late lunch, then went to my aunt’s house for a BBQ w/ my grandparents, who were visiting from CO. I got to tell them about the baby and everyone is so excited. They all know my history, at least the pregnancy parts, so they were thrilled that I am out of the first trimester and everything looks great still.

Sunday we ate a quick breakfast before Mass because 10 a.m. Mass is always super long and I knew I wouldn’t be able to wait until afterward to eat. We had McDs for breakfast. After Mass, we went out to Buf.falo Wil.d W.ings with some good friends. I had mini corn dogs and a few of Tim’s fries. We came home and were pretty lazy the rest of the evening. When I woke up from my late nap, Tim had ordered pizza. I had a piece and a couple of bites of a second piece and knew that was enough.

I had horrific heartburn after that and was seriously uncomfortable. I remember hearing about pregnancy heartburn before and I kind of dismissed it…it is NOTHING like normal heartburn for me, and I told Tim that we had to start eating better food on the weekends. I miss things like fresh deli meat and french bread sandwiches that we used to have somewhat frequently.

I am 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and while still quite tired, feeling much better overall! OH yes, I finally found some Li.z pants in my size and they are amazing. I never want to wear normal pants again!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: